A quality re-creation of the original that beat Ferrari and finished in the top three positions in the grueling Le Mans 24 Hours in 1966. In developing the exhilarating GT40 continuation, engineers went to great lengths to ensure authenticity. So authentic, that we can legally use the name “GT40”. The GT40 also carries the GT40/P chassis number and is eligible for the official GT40 registry.
A true legend in looks and performance. A street and track vehicle based on the original race car design, configuration and dimensions. Licensed by Safir with Continuation Series GT40 number. Registry eligible.
The Superformance GT differs from other replicas of the original in that it is the only production model to be built with a monocoque chassis that is an exact replica of the original. The chassis sports a formidable stiffness of 10,000 to 12,000 pounds per degree. More than 90% of the parts are interchangeable with the original car including the "monocoque" style chassis, original suspension layout and unibody structure. The GT also boasts originally blue printed steel tub with a pressed steel roof and beautifully finished body.
Most of the other replicas on the market are easier to build with a less expensive frame chassis. Many of their features differ from the original in that they use whatever off-the-shelf components are available, rather than the original style components hand-crafted in a Hi-Tech ultra-modern factory.
The GT40 continuation is built to exacting standards - in fact over two thirds of the rolling chassis's parts are interchangeable with that of an original car, including the 'monocoque" style chassis.
When Jim Price decided to replicate the original MkI and MkII A and B, he went the route of making a double of the original so as not to be just another player in a field of nearly correct replicas. The chassis of the Superformance GT will accommodate either a big or a small block engine. If a customer wishes to have an exact replica of the Le Mans winning car, the customer will need to locate a T44 transaxle and 427 big block engine with a dry sump.
GT 40 Standard Equipment
- A complete factory assembled rolling chassis.
- Show quality PPG paint finishes with many standard colors.
- Fully independent front and rear suspension.
- Bilstein® coil over progressive shocks with H&R Springs®.
- Four-wheel vented disc brakes, Wilwood calipers.
- Aluminum radiator/oil cooler with dual electric fans.
- Original style steel monocoque chassis.
- Pressed steel roof.
- Original style suspension.
- Right and Left-hand drive models available.
- Shifter & Handbrake located in center of tunnel.
- Included in latest Shelby World Registry.
- Original style seats with silver rivets.
- High capacity air-conditioner.
- Oil cooler and braided lines.
- Open crate air intake.
- Lower / wider front fenders.
- Smoother body lines.
- BRM style wheels.
- Inverted side air scoops.
- Double scoop hood insert.
- Accommodates small block engine (includes molded engine cover.
- Built in rear spoiler
- Available in Heritage color patterns.
- *GT40 MKI Heritage uses single hood scoop insert.*
- Gurney bubble optional.
- Authentic right-hand sill rod shift optional.
View Our Inventory