2023 Junior Classics 289 Shelby Cobra
- Stock #: JR002
- Engine: 125cc Air-Cooled 4 Stroke Engine
- Transmission: Manual
- Ext. Color: Wimbledon White w/ Gaurdsman Blue Stripe
- Int. Color: Black Leather
- VIN JR002
About this Vehicle
2023 Junior Classic 289 Shelby Cobra
When LeMans winning race driver Carroll Shelby was diagnosed with a heart condition during the 1960 race season, he knew that his days behind the wheel were numbered. But as someone who always loved going fast, he decided to pivot into the manufacturing side, building some of the fastest production cars to ever come out of the United States. Dubbed the Shelby Cobra at its introduction in 1962, the formula was simple: take a lightweight AC Ace roadster from the UK, pull out the underpowered 6-cylinder engine, and put in its place a powerful Ford V8. With just a bit of tweaking in the suspension and some of America's best drivers behind the wheel, the Cobra quickly began making a name for itself on racetracks around the US and Europe. Built for just three years between 1962 and 1965, the Cobra became one of the most sought after vehicles to ever come out of an American manufacturer and with just over 1,000 cars produced across all Cobra variants, they routinely change hands for well over $1,000,000.
This Harrintgon Junior Classic is a wonderful recreation of a Cobra 289 painted in one of the greatest color combinations- Wimbledon White With Guardsman Blue over the top stripes. When the options were being chosen for this Cobra, a lot of emphasis was placed on making it look as close as possible to an original and that goal was absolutely accomplished. The interior is outfitted with a black full leather interior including a leather wrapped dashboard, which does a remarkable job of keeping the look authentic. An optional set of Polished Turrino wire wheels are a beautiful addition to the car and give it the classic roadster vibe which was so popular in that period. The brightwork and badging has also been upgraded and a set of period correct exhaust tips all work wonders to round out the package and make this Cobra a truly unique build. A custom fit car cover is also included with this Cobra so that you can keep that Wimbledon white paint looking great for years to come.
The Harrington Junior Classics manufacturer is the industry leader in half-scale, custom built, made to order, classic car reproductions. Basing their creations off of a beautifully crafted aluminum frame, the bodys are then molded out of glass reinforced plastic before receiving a high quality paint finish with DuPont paints. The fully independent suspension features double wishbones at the front and a four link setup at the rear with rack and pinion steering for a fun, predictable driving experience. Four wheel ventilated Brembo disc brakes slow the car down and keep the driver safe behind the wheel. Under the hood, Harrington gives owners three motor options, two four stoke, single cylinder gas motors displacing 110cc or 125cc, or a torquey electric unit. . Harrington started in the automotive parts business, building stainless steel bumpers and trim for classic cars. Thanks to this experience, the brightwork on these cars is finished to the highest quality and will look great for years to come. Each Harrington Junior car features fully functional lights, horn and electric starter to keep the vehicles authentic while also making them safer on the road. Whether you own a classic and would like to get a matching example for your child, or you have always dreamed of putting one of these classics in your garage, Harrington's junior cars will bring a smile to anyone's face when they are behind the wheel.
- Polished Turrino Wire Wheels ($3,750)
- Wimbledon White/Guardsman Blue Stripe ($500)
- Black Full Leather Interior & Dashboard Upgrade ($500)
- Exclusive Brightwork and Badges ($500)
- Custom Car Cover ($250)
- Period Correct Exhaust Tips ($150)
- Battery Maintainer
POWERTRAIN & PERFORMANCE
- 125cc Single Cylinder 4-Stroke Petrol Engine
- Max Power: 8hp @ 8500 rpm
- Max Torque: 7.5ftlbs @ 6500 rpm
- Top Speed: 40 mph (A speed restrictor can be fitted for younger drivers)
- 3-Speed Semi-Automatic Sequential Gearbox
- Rear-Mounted Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
- 12-Volt Power with Electric Starter
- Fully Independent Suspension
- Double Wishbones in Front
- Single Wishbones in Rear
- Adjustable Gas Shocks at All Four Corners
- Hydraulic Split Braking System with Vented Disks
- Brembo(R) Calipers Front & Rear
- Rack-and-Pinion Centre Mount Steering Rack
BODY, CHASSIS & INTERIOR
- Jig-Built, Powder-Coated Box Section Chassis
- Composite GRP Body & Floor Plan
- Steel Suspension Swing Arms
- Adjustable Pedals
- Suitable for JR Drivers & Adults Exceeding 6ft
- Functional Key Ignition, Lights, Horn, & Indicators
- Aluminum/Wood Rim Steering Wheel
- Front Bonnet & Rear Boot Access
- Premium Automotive DuPont Paint
- Length: 100.75"
- Width: 38.58"
- Height: 30.75"
- Weight: 398lbs
- Ground Clearance: 6.3"
The price for this vehicle as equipped does not include charges such as: License, Title, Registration Fees, State or Local Taxes, Finance Charges, Credit Investigation, Optional Credit Insurance, Physical Damage or Liability Insurance, Delivery Fees, or a negotiable $200 Documentary Fee. Any and all equipment, trim, options, colors, ownership, or any other representations made must be verified with sales associate and company prior to the sale of the vehicle. All sales are final