2022 Junior Car F1L Junior Racer Lotus Gold Leaf Livery
About this Vehicle
2022 Junior F1L Junior Racer - Lotus Gold Leaf Livery
When the Lotus Type 49 debuted at the beginning of the Formula 1 season in 1967, it was a revolutionary design that pushed all F1 cars forward and integrated technology that can still be found in many race cars to this day. Built around the famed Cosworth DFV V8, the Type 49 was one of the first cars on the F1 grid to use the engine as a stressed member of the chassis. This provided greater torsional rigidity without a significant increase in weight and has gone on to become standard practice in many racing series. Raced by famous names like Jim Clark, Graham Hill and Jochen Rindt, the Type 49 quickly became one of the most storied cars in F1 racing history. 1968 saw the Type 49 on the grid once again but instead of the classic dark green and yellow Lotus livery, it was painted in a stunning red, white and gold paint scheme advertising Gold Leaf cigarettes. This car went on to become infamous and was raced by some of the best racing drivers of the era through 1971.
Produced to look just like the beautiful Gold Leaf Lotus, this Harrington Junior Classics F1-L does a fantastic job of recreating the original car and will be a joy to have as a fun toy or display piece in your garage. Using high quality DuPont paint, the red top, paired with the white bottom and a gold nose cone looks stunning and does a great job of showing off why this became such a well known color scheme. The Gold Leaf package which was optioned on this car gets you that special paint scheme along with a roundel for the racing number on the nose and Gold Leaf Lotus decals along the side of the car where they would have been on the original. An optional rear wing was also added and is painted and liveried up just as it was on the later series of Type 49. The interior is finished in optional black leather and both looks and feels authentic. There aren't many real Lotus Type 49s in the world and the chances of putting one in your garage are slim. This Harrington Junior Classic F1-L in Gold Leaf livery is a great way for you to get to look at one all the time for a fraction of the price!
- Period-Correct Lotus Gold Leaf Livery
- Painted Racing Stripes
- Black Leather Interior & Steering Wheel
- Lotus Gold Leaf Vinyl Graphics
- Front & Rear Aero Wing Kit
- Clear Perspex Windscreen
- NOCO Battery Maintainer
PERFORMANCE & POWERTRAIN
- 125cc Single Cylinder 4-Stroke Petrol Engine
- Max Power: 8hp @ 8500 rpm
- Max Torque: 7.5ftlbs @ 6500 rpm
- Top Speed: 40 mph (Variable Speed Restrictor Available)
- 3-Speed Semi-Automatic Sequential Gearbox with Reverse Gear
- Rear-Mounted Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
- Hydraulic Split Braking System with Vented Disks
- Brembo Calipers Front & Rear
- Fully Independent Suspension
- Double Wishbones in Front
- Single Wishbones in Rear
- Height Adjustable Gas Shocks at All Four Corners
- Rack-and-Pinion Steering
BODY, CHASSIS & INTERIOR
- Jig-Built, Fully Welded Box Chassis with Powder Coat Finish
- Composite GRP Body & Floor Plan
- Steel Suspension Swing Arms
- Adjustable Pedals
- Suitable for Junior Drivers & Adults Up To 5'10"
- Functional Key Ignition, Lights, Horn, & Indicators
- Vinyl Interior, Optional Leather
- Period Correct Inspired Steering Wheel
- Rear Engine Access
- Premium DuPont Automotive Paint
- Length: 101"
- Width: 45"
- Height: 31"
- Weight: 485lbs
The price for this vehicle as equipped does not include charges such as: License, Title, Registration Fees, State or Local Taxes, Finance Charges, Credit Investigation, Optional Credit Insurance, Physical Damage or Liability Insurance, Delivery Fees, or a negotiable $200 Documentary Fee. Any and all equipment, trim, options, colors, ownership, or any other representations made must be verified with sales associate and company prior to the sale of the vehicle. All sales are final